Here are a few quick and simple breakfast ideas that will not only make you feel full, but will give you a nice boost of energy in the morning.
Peanut Butter Granola, Almond Milk, Bananas, and Cacao Nibs (I imagine that I am eating a chocolate peanut butter cup…)
Instead of Bananas, I used Goji Berries here. I LOVE Goji Berries!
Or if you prefer to have your breakfast to go, have a smoothie!
1-2 Frozen Bananas
1/4-1/2 a cup of Orange Juice
1 tablespoon of Goji Berries
Add Cacao, if you like. I added it after, and it gave my smoothie a nice crunch (almost like eating ice cream because of the frozen bananas).
(Note: This is a tarte tasting smoothie. Increase or decrease OJ depending on taste)
Benefits of Cacao:
- Cacao is raw chocolate! Therefore, delicious.
- “It contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world (Wolfe 2009:40).”
- High Magnesium content which “supports the heart, increases brainpower, relaxes menstrual cramps and muscles… and helps build strong bones (Wolfe 2009:40).
- And the list goes on…!
Benefits of Goji Berries:
- Boost of immune function
- Increased alkalinity and vitality
- Provides liver protection
- Improves eyesight and blood quality
- Offers anti-aging compounds
- Main Health Benefit: “To support the body in healing itself–provides longevity and vitality (Wolfe 2009:19-20).”
Reference Information: Wolfe, David. SuperFoods. Berkley, California. North Atlantic Books. 2009. Print.
See pages: 19, 20, 40.